The New Year is almost upon us… so I thought it was high time I finally put this list ‘out there’! I’ve been working on it for a while, and it’s something I will no doubt refer back to over the coming years as I achieve/experience things on this list.
I have left the final 10 things blank because, well – how am I to know all of the things I want to achieve before I turn 40? Life changes, so I wanted to give myself a little leeway to add things over the next few years.
A lot of these are ‘big things’ – but there are also some important ‘little things’ on my list. Because while the big things are awesome, important and life-changing… the little things are the ones we live with every day.
And so, before I turn 40, I want to…
- See the Aurora Borealis
- See it snow (nope, I have still never seen snow fall)
- Get really fit, just once. So I know I can do it
- Go blonde, just to see what it looks like on me (I’ve done every other ‘normal’ hair colour!)
- Go for a hot air balloon ride
- Do a yoga course
- Get a book published
- Spend one whole week taking care of Nick – i.e. he has a week off all chores (if he’ll let me!)
- Visit New York city. Preferably with my best friend
- Experience a full spa treatment
- Host a proper dinner party, where we all dress up
- Visit Paris again, for at least a week
- Spend a long weekend in Melbourne with Amanda, vintage shopping
- Spend one whole summer in Tasmania
- Meditate once a day for a whole month
- Build our own home!
- Grow at least 50% of our own food
- Turn over more than $100,000 in one year in my business
- Do Karaoke at least once
- Walk the Overland Track in Tasmania
- Sew a whole week’s worth of clothes for myself
- Simplify – get rid of all the junk I have accumulated – have a place for everything and everything in its place
- Visit Japan and see the cherry blossoms
- Ride a motorbike
- Go out dancing all night
- Learn to scuba dive
- Drive a race-car around a racetrack
- Write a hand-written letter to the people I love telling them why they’re awesome
- Become proficient in a martial art again (I almost got to black belt in Tae Kwon Do once upon a time)
- Go to a music festival
I have just about 9 years and 4 months to achieve everything on my list… wish me luck!