Welcome to How-To Tuesday – a new regular feature on Epheriell Designs. Each week I will publish a video showing you a skill or technique to help you with your jewellery making.
Text and Picture Tutorial
Tools & Materials:
- Round-nosed pliers
- Flat-nosed (preferably nylon) pliers
- Wire cutters
- Nylon Hammer, anvil (optional)
1. Cut off a piece of wire to the desired length. Be sure to cut with the flat (flush) side of the cutters towards the piece you will be using. This means your cut will have a flat surface.
2. Grasp the wire at the very end, and with the very tip of your round-nosed pliers.
3. Gently bend the wire around once.
You can then use the round pliers to continue the spiral up until this point:
4. Now you need your flat-nosed pliers. Squeeze the spiral flat, then grasp it with only the free end hanging out. Gently wrap the wire along the side of the spiral, rotating the spiral in the pliers as you go.
Continue until your spiral is the desired size.
If you have something in mind that you would like me to do a How-To Tuesday about, please leave me a comment below, or e-mail jessicaATepherielldesigns.com.