Where do you live?
I live in the beautiful Gold Coast Hinterland!
Where do you do your work?
I currently work in Loganholme doing Marketing as my Full Time job.
I have a couple but I love Edinburgh – such a beautiful place and wonderful scenery & Melbourne – wonderful shopping and food. Being born there I am a bit biased.
Tell us a little bit more about yourself! Your ‘day job’ or business, family, hobbies…
Other than my full time marketing job I spend my free time creating, shopping, going to Bikram Yoga or Dancing. I’m 24 and I am also thinking about my next project (everything pin up fashion). You could say I like to do a bit of everything and really couldn’t settle on just doing one thing for the rest of my life!
What did you want to be ‘when you grew up’?
I actually wanted to be a Vet or Zoologist… but the math requirements just weren’t in my nature. The price you pay for being creative I guess!
How did you first get into your craft/art?
I found a bead store when I was 13 and never looked back! I started making my own jewellery, sold a few items when I was about 17 in a local store and decided after trying to sell online a few years ago that I needed to diversify my jewellery range. So I discovered a love for feathers and origami! Now that’s what I specialise in!
I make jewellery and hair accessories. Mainly feather and origami earrings with the occasional hairpiece. I love so many areas that I dabble in a bit of everything.
What are you most proud of making?
When I stand back and go ‘oh I really love this one’, that feeling of accomplishment – the hard work paying off! I’m also proud of a few paintings, digital collections and drawings.
What do you like the most/least about selling your wares online?
I love the convenience of selling online as it allows me to still work full time and sell part time. I’m also able to interact with many other sellers which I love!
The least thing I like about selling online is that it is much harder to get noticed and sell items! It all comes down to promotion and timing to get that end buyer to find you.
• My dogs – Odin the Muscle (Dogue de Bordeaux), Chino the Hungry (Lab) & Roger the Goof (Great Dane)!
• Being creative! It keeps me sane.
• Seeing the success of fellow crafters
• Buying Handmade
• Anything Pin Up & Rockabilly… which is where I’m headed next.
It drives me crazy when…
• I get stuck behind people that can’t drive
• I get stuck in the daily grind
• I see mass produced items
What’s your favourite word?
Oh I don’t have one! However, I do like this quote “Meetings are for people that don’t have to do the work” hehe
If you could sum yourself or your work up in one sentence, it would say…
“Look at Me!”
Find Emma Online!
This week, Emma is giving away this gorgeously bright pair of feather earrings! She’s happy to ship internationally too – yay!
2. For additional entries, leave a comment saying that you: followed or subscribed to Epheriell Designs (or already do); have twittered about the givewaway; have shared the giveaway with friends on Facebook, or; you have written a blog post about it.
3. Entries close next Friday, the 25th of June, at midday Australian EST.
The winner will be chosen via Random.org
Remember to leave me a way of contacting you.. and Good Luck!
The winner of last week’s giveaway is Samy– congrats!