The New Year is almost upon us… so I thought it was high time I finally put this list ‘out there’! I’ve been working on it for a while, and it’s something I will no doubt refer back to over the coming years as I achieve/experience things on this list.
I have left the final 10 things blank because, well – how am I to know all of the things I want to achieve before I turn 40? Life changes, so I wanted to give myself a little leeway to add things over the next few years.
A lot of these are ‘big things’ – but there are also some important ‘little things’ on my list. Because while the big things are awesome, important and life-changing… the little things are the ones we live with every day.
And so, before I turn 40, I want to…
- See the Aurora Borealis
- See it snow (nope, I have still never seen snow fall)
- Get really fit, just once. Â So I know I can do it
- Go blonde, just to see what it looks like on me (I’ve done every other ‘normal’ hair colour!)
- Go for a hot air balloon ride
- Do a yoga course
- Get a book published
- Spend one whole week taking care of Nick – i.e. he has a week off all chores (if he’ll let me!)
- Visit New York city. Preferably with my best friend
- Experience a full spa treatment
- Host a proper dinner party, where we all dress up
- Visit Paris again, for at least a week
- Spend a long weekend in Melbourne with Amanda, vintage shopping
- Spend one whole summer in Tasmania
- Meditate once a day for a whole month
- Build our own home!
- Grow at least 50% of our own food
- Turn over more than $100,000 in one year in my business
- Do Karaoke at least once
- Walk the Overland Track in Tasmania
- Sew a whole week’s worth of clothes for myself
- Simplify – get rid of all the junk I have accumulated – have a place for everything and everything in its place
- Visit Japan and see the cherry blossoms
- Ride a motorbike
- Go out dancing all night
- Learn to scuba dive
- Drive a race-car around a racetrack
- Write a hand-written letter to the people I love telling them why they’re awesome
- Become proficient in a martial art again (I almost got to black belt in Tae Kwon Do once upon a time)
- Go to a music festival
I have just about 9 years and 4 months to achieve everything on my list… wish me luck!
Want more Epheriell-y goodness?Â SubscribeÂ to Epheriell Designs!Â Also, you can follow me onÂ Â Twitter!
This is an awesome list! Perhaps I’ll do 30 before 30. I think some of the things on your list I might need to borrow!
those all sound like amazing goals – & I think leaving the last ten things blank is a great idea, you want to have room to add new things you discover 🙂
Thanks Vickie – yep, I want to leave myself a little room to grow! 🙂
What a great list! I too want to see the Aurora Borealis (preferably from Alaska!) and I have a strong (STRONG!) desire to simplify my life.
Good luck to you on accomplishing it ALL. And I hope you keep us posted.
I will, absolutely! 🙂
We can totes make #19 happen next time I’m up. I know the place and where we can get cocktails first! *hugs*
Looks like a great list; I’m not organised enough for a list like that; even if I had 40 years! Good luck!
I knew you were a closet rev head.lol
TOTALLY am, Trish! 😀
i might join you in my 40 x 40 list… i have 3 years and 8 months! great list jess xxx
Hooray! I’d love to see it when you get it together!
Jess!! Love your list! …and you’ve got 9 years before you’re 40!!! You are a babe in arms my friend :0) Happy New Year – thank you for all your support and wonderful blog in 2011! XO’s
Right back atcha, lady! xx
Great list. Wish I’d written one before turning 40. I can highly recommend:Â
snowcherry blossoms in Japan
music festivalsAll the best for 2012!Elizabeth
I think lists are the new resolutions. Â Lists are so much more fun and workable! Â Actionable! Â They are actionable and usually have verbs. Â Resolutions are wishy washy. Â Awesome list.
I think you’re right, Kath!! I like action 😉
You have some awesome things on here. I can’t believe you’ve never seen it snow! It’s funny what you take for granted simply because of where you live.
I love this idea! I am going to start my own 40 before 40 list! I have less than five years but that’s plenty of time to do awesome things! Thank you!